Sunday, July 22, 2007

[papercreters] Judith collaborating with Nori, Blessing or Disaster? -was- Re: New photos

Hmmmmmmm.

Judith... throws a hose on the ground and just starts building.

Nori... draws 73,067,743 different plans (last time I checked) and
gets frustrated.

There must be a compromise somewhere!

If they got together to collaborate on a building, would it be a good
idea? Would they take advantage of each other's strengths and come
up with a design really quick?

I don't have the answers, but I'm certain I would love to see
pictures of what they came up with. It would be an interesting
structure!

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS
<williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> HI Teresa, Im not sure what you mean by specs. I guess I'm what you
call an "intuitive" builder. I laid out my house by laying a 100'
hose on the ground and moving it around til I had the shape I wanted.
Then I grabbed a shovel and started digging. When I did the math to
order my roofing roughsawn I treated it as a rectangle and figured I
had about 1000 sf. The blocks are 13" wide so the walls will end up
being that plus however thick the plaster is. Hope this helps. Let me
know. Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate it.
>
>
> To: papercreters@...: trax78245@...: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:53:44 -
0500Subject: RE: [papercreters] Re: New photos
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi Teresa,
>
> Take a page from Bob Merrill's book and use the papercrete to
plaster the strawbale house. You can also use papercrete to make
interior walls (frame in walls, stretch used carpet, spray or trowel
on papercrete).
>
> Pat
> St.Hedwig, TX
>
>
>
>
>
> From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Teresa HowellSent:
Friday, July 20, 2007 8:42 PMTo: papercreters@...: [papercreters] Re:
New photos
>
>
>
>
> Judith,Your house looks like it will be absolutely smashing! I'm
new on this list, so I apologize if you've already posted this, but
what are the specs on your project?Teresa Howell (who almost wishes
she'd heard about papercrete before she started her strawbale house,
and who is now wondering how to incorporate papercrete in it now.)---
In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "slurryguy" <slurryguy@> wrote:>>
Here is a url to take you straight to Judith's pics.>

http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/photos/browse/e1fb?c=>
> Here's a the same album as a tiny clickable url:>

http://tinyurl.com/2jec56> > > --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com,
JUDITH WILLIAMS > <williams_judith@> wrote:> >> > > > Slurryguy was
kind enough to post a few new photos of my project. > My walls are up
to above the windows and doors now. What happened was > a friend who
I met on the internet through a mutual interest in > alternative
building stopped by when I wasn't here and snapped these > pics which
he emailed to me. My camera met its end at the bottom of > my cooler
in a puddle of melted ice so I haven't taken any recent > shots to
share. The heat here in NM is forcing me to take a break > from
construction but I'm pondering some very interesting new things > to
do with papercrete while I sit in the shade with a tall cool one ( >
or maybe 2 or 3 .....). I'm happy to see so many new members to the >
group and always look forward to learning what everyone is up to. >
Judith> > __________________________________________________________>
> Don't get caught with egg on your face. Play Chicktionary! > >

http://club.live.com/chicktionary.aspx?icid=chick_wlmailtextlink> >>
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Local listings, incredible imagery, and driving directions - all in
one place! Find it!
> http://maps.live.com/?wip=69&FORM=MGAC01
>



Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/