Friday, October 26, 2012

Re: [papercreters]



Well, I don't think I have a truck that large :)   Something between Lowes and this would be nice. The $5.35 a bag plus .50 is a lot better than lowes price. Where is Penrose? Yikes, that is even farther than your place! A truckload would be around $6,500 and give 2,400 cubic feet, enough for foot thick walls and floor for about a 1,200 sq. ft. square building.  Less than $5.50 a square foot. Of course you have to add in cement, and of course a roof. Not a bad start, though.


On 10/25/2012 7:13 PM, JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
This is some info I got from an insulation company. I think they have a plant an outlet near Colorado Springs.

The bags I have used are the ones from Lowe's. I guess they are 2 cu ft.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



From: richard@applegateinsulation.com
To: williams_judith@hotmail.com
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 14:50:17 -0500
Subject: RE: Applegate Insulation

Judith,
 
I have included several items (attached) which might be of interest. Let me know if you'd like to run up to our plant at Penrose and pick up product, I will need to complete some paperwork to have you set up as a customer and make certain we will have the product in stock when you'd arrive.
 
Pricing information for R-Value Loose Fill Insulation (attic coverage chart, and spec sheet is attached)- FOB Penrose, CO Applegate Plant:
 
Full loads floor loaded (1200 bags):  $5.35/bag
 
Customer pick up + .50 cents/bag more.
 
Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Regards,
 
Rich Applegate    
1000 Highview Drive
Webberville | Michigan | 48892-9007
Phone (mb): 517-927-1313
Corporate: 517-521-3545
richard@applegateinsulation.com
   
THE INFORMATION IN THIS E-MAIL AND ITS ATTACHMENTS IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IT IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE ADDRESSEE.  IF RECEIVED IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM AND NOTIFY US.  ANY DISCLOSURE, COPYING, DISTRIBUTION OR OTHER USE OF THIS E-MAIL WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION IS PROHIBITED AND MAY BE UNLAWFUL.


From: JUDITH WILLIAMS [mailto:williams_judith@hotmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 5:05 PM
To: Richard Applegate
Subject: RE: Applegate Insulation

Hello Richard, it was so nice of you to call me last week and to send the info about your insulation. I'm doing some writing today on papercrete and want to include some info on the fire resistant qualities and advantages of using your product in papercrete. When we spoke on the phone you quoted me a price if I were to pick it up at the plant in CO. I have somehow managed to misplace the notes I took during that conversation so do not have the info in front of me. So can you please refresh my memory? If I remember correctly it was $5.?? per bag for a semi load and about .30 more for a smaller amount. The more I think about it the more convinced I am that this is the perfect product for what I want to do, but the $10 price at Lowe's makes it unaffordable.

Thanks for your help. I'm really looking forward to making papercrete with Applegate insulation when the  weather warms up.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me



From: richard@applegateinsulation.com
To: williams_judith@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 10:42:28 -0500
Subject: Applegate Insulation

Judith,

Good to speak with this morning... information is attached. Let me know how I might be of further assistance.

Have a Happy New Year!
 
Regards,
 
Rich Applegate    
1000 Highview Drive
Webberville | Michigan | 48892-9007
Phone (mb): 517-927-1313
Corporate: 517-521-3545
richard@applegateinsulation.com
   
THE INFORMATION IN THIS E-MAIL AND ITS ATTACHMENTS IS CONFIDENTIAL AND MAY CONTAIN LEGALLY PRIVILEGED INFORMATION.  IT IS INTENDED SOLELY FOR THE ADDRESSEE.  IF RECEIVED IN ERROR, PLEASE DELETE IT FROM YOUR SYSTEM AND NOTIFY US.  ANY DISCLOSURE, COPYING, DISTRIBUTION OR OTHER USE OF THIS E-MAIL WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION IS PROHIBITED AND MAY BE UNLAWFUL.
 

Name
JUDITH WILLIAMS

Company
PAPERCRETE BY JUDITH
Phone
505-685-0804

Address
PO BOX 1253
State / Province
NM
City
ABIQUIU

Zip / Postal Code
87510
 
I am interested in
Environment - Environment
Fire Resistance - Fire Resistance
Questions / Comments
I am developing a building product based on recycled cellulose and am researching sources. In the past I have used bales of cellulose that were provided by someone who attended one of my workshops. As I continue to refine my formula I am realizing that I need a consistent source of good cellulose, especially one with fire retardant properties. Please advise where I might get your product in quantity. I live in northern New Mexico about 50 miles from Santa Fe. Thank you. Sincerely, Judith

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2013.0.2741 / Virus Database: 2614/5843 - Release Date: 10/20/12




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___