Saturday, October 27, 2012

[papercreters] Re: Combustibility -- was Paperceret Smell

I do get all of your points and sincerely apologize if my poor communicating ability seemed only inflamitory. Also I apologize in advance of telling this sad story.
When I was seventeen, forty two years ago, I was a lifeguard at the local pool. I noticed that the protective guards on the three meter high dive were grossly insufficient. I called this to the attention to my supervisor, who declared the guards were just fine. I new they were not! On my day off a young lady friend fell through and was killed instantly when her head hit the concrete.
Several years ago I gave the cement truck driver a sample of an early PC brick, with insufficient binder, to prove to his wife that such things were possible. The driver went to the office set the brick on fire and then dunked it quickly in water trough outside. He laid the brick on his office desk and went home for the night. The next day when he returned he noticed that the windows were darkened. When he opened the door the brick and the wooden desk were reduced to a small pile of ash on the floor. Unfortunately the driver was killed in a rollover of his cement truck, since the owner was unwilling to buy decent tires. Things happen! Could I have done better? I'm trying. Again I apologize for being so blunt.

Sent from my iPad

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/