Sunday, October 28, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Re: Combustibility -- was Paperceret Smell



I use the vegetable oil because that is what I have available and it works. There is very little in the mix as I make it stiff and brush it on. I am not familiar with the flammability characteristics of mineral oil. I will do more experimenting before I do my house. I am at this point leaning toward framing the house and sheeting and roofing it with OSB board then putting the blocks on the outside. I have poured a wide foundation that will accomodate the framing and the 16" wide blocks. If I run out of money I will use the blocks alone for the walls.I will put an earthen plaster on the inside and that should help with the flammability factor as well.

--- On Sun, 10/28/12, clydetcurry@yahoo.com <clydetcurry@yahoo.com> wrote:

From: clydetcurry@yahoo.com <clydetcurry@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Re: Combustibility -- was Paperceret Smell
To: "papercreters@yahoogroups.com" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sunday, October 28, 2012, 12:02 PM

 
What if you took your clay added mineral oil,not vegetable, for binder then add that in your paper mix! It might not take much to add fire resistance! Our straight paper mix required three sacks of Portland per yard, to reach fire resistance. Lots to try yet.

Sent from my iPad


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___