Wednesday, October 24, 2012

[papercreters] working on it



I understand that plans for the original scissors drum mixer by Mike McCain will be available soon. I surely wish I had had them when I started this project! Reinventing the wheel isn't my favorite thing :)

I made a smaller less robust blade set. Still need to modify the drum frame and motor mount, possibly tomorrow, then the MKII will be ready for smoke test. You can't see the shaft guides on the fixed blades in this photo.



This pile of rust is made from some 1" angle, a bunch of 3/4" nuts, and some 5/16 bolt/nuts for setscrews. The fixed blades are 6" long, the "foot" is a foot long, and the blades are 4.5" on each side. Staying with the principle of "use what you have", I have only purchased welding wire so far. My junk pile is a pale shadow of its former self after several burglaries, but there is still some useful stuff around.

Actually the rust is just on the surface, the metal is solid. In this photo the blades are backwards from how they will mounted in the mixer.

spaceman



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___