Sunday, October 28, 2012

Re: [papercreters] Spacesman's version of McCain Scissor mixer & Foam Grinder



That might be an interesting comparison. I'll take a video as it mixes and maybe someone with a genuine McCain can do the same. I actually considered adding another set or two of blades because there is still a lot of space, but maybe the turbulence will be enough to keep everything moving.

Yesterday I did a second test with water and paper, and found that the pulley on the dryer motor just won't get enough grip on the V belt to make it spin with a load. I had other things to do and again today, so maybe tomorrow I'll dig around and find a suitable pulley. I didn't really want to go larger because I like the speed and torque ratio, but I'm pretty sure I don't have a V belt pulley that small. I definitely don't have a larger pulley for the blade shaft and calling around to stores didn't turn one up. It is the wrong season for cooler parts.

On 10/28/2012 4:00 PM, Charmaine Taylor wrote:


Spaceman!!!  Thanks so much for putting up the youtube clip of the  new design blades at work. I see you designed a 3 spin/4 fixed vs  Mike's 2/3 design, but as it works, it might even be better?  And we all learned that all long blades was not the right direction to go.  maybe someday there will be a side by side comparison of your 3/4 vs 2/3 just for grins.



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___