Saturday, October 27, 2012

[papercreters] Clyde, floor [1 Attachment]

[Attachment(s) from JUDITH WILLIAMS included below]

Good email Clyde. I think we all know you were not intentionally inflammatory. You have a lot of great info and experience and we would not want to forgo that.

I have gotten my 2 little buildings pretty much done this summer. Your help with the floor really set me up well to do as much as I did. I have some pics I will try to post. The final floor came out super good. I moved some furniture in the other day but have not spent much time up there. As you know my sister has been very ill so I have been going up there to spend time with her. She finally passed on this morning. Very sad but she is at peace now and continuing her journey.

So Clyde please keep contributing to this group (and with me). Thanks.



Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: clydetcurry@yahoo.com
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:05:41 -0500
Subject: [papercreters] Re: Combustibility -- was Paperceret Smell

 
I do get all of your points and sincerely apologize if my poor communicating ability seemed only inflamitory. Also I apologize in advance of telling this sad story.
When I was seventeen, forty two years ago, I was a lifeguard at the local pool. I noticed that the protective guards on the three meter high dive were grossly insufficient. I called this to the attention to my supervisor, who declared the guards were just fine. I new they were not! On my day off a young lady friend fell through and was killed instantly when her head hit the concrete.
Several years ago I gave the cement truck driver a sample of an early PC brick, with insufficient binder, to prove to his wife that such things were possible. The driver went to the office set the brick on fire and then dunked it quickly in water trough outside. He laid the brick on his office desk and went home for the night. The next day when he returned he noticed that the windows were darkened. When he opened the door the brick and the wooden desk were reduced to a small pile of ash on the floor. Unfortunately the driver was killed in a rollover of his cement truck, since the owner was unwilling to buy decent tires. Things happen! Could I have done better? I'm trying. Again I apologize for being so blunt.

Sent from my iPad

Attachment(s) from JUDITH WILLIAMS

1 of 1 Photo(s)


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___