Tuesday, January 5, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Quentin and others.

To All;

Papercreters is a loosly moderated group dependant on the self- management of postings. We have a primary focus and that is to encourage and propagate ideas that utilize waste fibre. Let us not stray to far from our calling.

Thanx

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, calle vallede <valledecalle@...> wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
> Welcome Quentin and any others that are out there,
>  
>  
> As a second generation American, I was raised by parents that did not take part in any debate on a public issues.  They voted, but never handed out anything or made phone calls.
>  
> I have done very little if any of that either.  I do share what I learn with others either verbally or on the net. Which I fear will soon come to an end.
>  
> My feelings are if you don't know whats out there , you can't do anything to change it or build it.
>  
>  
> For me I am not ready to give up yet,  maybe someday I will feel that same way.  If there was another country that I could move to and have it be as in pioneer days, I would go right away.
>  
>  
> I believe in being proactive, not with my head in the sand.  Yesterday after recieving the message from Bob, I called the state office in charge of Nebraska Energy policy.  I really learn a head full of info.  I now know that my state is not just taking what is handed out by the Feds. In fact they turned down the 2004, 2006 energy regs because they were less effective that the 2003 standards.
>  
> They also have a program on board to help do it your selfers.  She was impressed that we wanted to be an Independent Home, and gave me ideas how we can do it.  Just have the printed backup that we need.  Careful planning is better for all of us. Those who have walked the pathway before me have stumbled , fallen and failed in some ways, but in the long run their failures have helped me.
>  
> I will fight for my rights, but I will also not give my right to do what is right for my family.  Things can improve , but only if we all take our part in the future of our lives and our childrens.
>  
> Our forefathers fought for what they believed in, I am willing to do the same.
>  
> I may not want to live as the city folks choose to do anymore, but I do know that I don't know it all, and am willing to be a lifelong learner.  My willingness to learn is what will keep us on the pathway that we need to travel.
>  
> I have not problem with your desires for your household Quentin, but can join you on some of the beliefs that you have as we all learn more about what we think is good for our country.
>  
> When I choose not to partisipate in a dialog then I can not be part of the solution.  I will not opt out and then bitch about what has happened to "My" country.  Willing partisipants is what made this country what it use to be. Most have become to complient and not taken a stand. They have not kept abreast of what the clowns in their capitals have been doing , and they have not studied who or what they were really voting for to send the clowns to DC. 
>  
> Beltway Fever is a real disease, and we have to vote it out.  In Nebraska in the last two years we have seen how wonderful term limits are.
>  
> So join those in your states that are truly trying to change things.  If any of you are willing I will add you to an email list that I send info to, whether it is from Independents, Repubs, or the Dems. I get it all,  I am a conservative by nature, but will listen to the liberals as a way of educating myself.
>  
> Will not set quietly by and let them take my freedoms that are left.  I am a pioneer woman at heart, and will honor my dear Grandmother and her strength, my Grandfather who was an Indentured Servant in a foreign land, who excaped that kind of life and became self suffienct in the hard times.
>  
> I have a fire burning in my soul that will not go out. I have a passion for living the good like, not the easy life.
>  
> We all have a choice, you are great folks, independents, thinkers, dreamers, doers and creatives, so we can join hands to make cheap housing built by our own hands, we can educated, we can promote, we can be.  It all has a price, but those covered wagon wheel ruts still remain in some places that tell the story of our forefathers who made it through even with Indian attacks.  I have it easy today.
>  
> Sorry for the tirad but I have finally met some fellow travelers, I have no one else to talk to about this wondereful adventure.  Most folks that I meet think I am crazy, Papercrete, Rammed Earth, Earthbag, Cordwood, EarthShips, Stawbale?   How wonderful it is to have found a community of sorta like minded folks.
>  
> May you be blessed today, may it shine on your solar panels, or may the wind blow for your turbines, my your mixer work, and may a ton of free paper come your way.
>  
> Calle
>  
>  
>
>  
>  
>
>
>
>
>
> Hello!!
>  
> I have been viewing this forum for some time now collecting your various informative articles, and methods of building.
>  
> I am grateful to have this collection of knowledge. Thank you!!!
>  
> The purpose of my coming “out of the closet” so to speak is that the current topic is subject matter with which I am very familiar. The purpose, to retain my/our God given rights and freedom, I.E. returning to the rural agrarian lifestyle ( I grew up as a farm boy) and being fully self sustaining.
>  
> That being said my response is to Calle; Please!!! This is not to be construed as criticism.
>  
> Point::: If you have “registered” as anything you have registered into the existing system, which by the way can not be altered by our vote or purposeful comments to political entities hired by the corporate structures we commonly call government.
>  
> There are many areas wherein we have trapped ourselves unknowingly and unwittingly into “their” system.
>  
> God’s Blessings and My blessings to all of you,
>  
> Quentinâ€"E: of the family Thornton
>  
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/