Wednesday, October 7, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Wood Chipper for papercrete

I own a 10 hp chipper/shredder, it came with fiberglass catch bag. It
does work pretty good and does have to be emptied often, the thing I
don't like about it is the noise, I can't hear myself think when it's
running, and I think all my neighbors wish I would go somewhere else and
do that. Be sure and just throw a few pages in at a time, if you throw
in the whole book it could damage the chipper

Bob the builder


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "thelandyachtaustin"
<thelandyacht@...> wrote:
>
>
> OK. So a couple of days ago I got around to a test-run of USING the
chipper, although I can't get around to makin crete yet...it's been
rainin almost continually for 2 weeks.
>
> On the only dry day we saw last week, I got around to my friend's
place with a couple of old phone books. (the thick yellow pages).
>
> We fired up the chipper...We tossed the phonebooks in the hopper...and
watched shredded paper FLY!
>
> Oddly, a few pages made it through almost completely intact.
>
> From the toss to the end of the experiment (for each book) took about
2 seconds.
>
> I guess this means the most difficult part will be findin a way to
turn the "cloud" of shredded paper into more of a "pile". Maybe a huge
canvas sack tied onto the output of the chipper? I'd have to empty it
every few minutes but that seems the most sensible.
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/