Saturday, October 17, 2009

Re: [papercreters] did anyone shoot any film at the gathering?



Back from a day shooting in San Simeon.  I don't know I was just thinking about donating the original print.  But now that you mention it it does seem kind of odd.  Maybe my brain wasn't working this morning. I just got this idea of doing a bromoil of people working on a green project and I didn't give much thought to how the donation of it would translate to benefiting something.  The web services are free from Yahoo.. everyone here is on their own free will.. the group doesn't own anything in common.. maybe this was a bad idea!  Anyway, I like to stick with analog (film) and in black and white.  It is an organic experience that way.  Well I will keep this feather in my hat for the next gathering and if I can make that one I will bring along my cameras.


Perry  



On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 

I didn't see any film cameras at the gathering. There are services that take digital images and print them on slides, and I imagine if you made the digital image into a negative then the printed slide would appear as a negative. If you can work with it, I'll be happy to send you a copy of the group shot at the original 7.2mp resolution as either color or B&W negative.

If you did donate this to the pc group, where would it go? Or would you make a digital copy to go in the photos section?

spaceman




Perry Way wrote:

Did anyone shoot any film while at the gathering?  My reason for asking is I'm working in a new photographic craft for me, Bromoil (see this link for an example of my most recent work:  Avila Beach Promenade) and I'd like to offer making a Bromoil print which can be used to memorialize the event, but this must start as a photographic negative, not a digital image.  Perhaps someone can figure out how that can benefit the group.  I would donate this to papercreters Yahoo group.  Bromoil is a revival art form that originated in the 1800's.  It uses inks, hand laid with brushes.  Inks adhere to areas of prints that were darkened by the silver gelatin.  The silver gets bleached and tanned.  Tanned portions accept inks.  It's a very unique artform, and takes a normal photograph and makes it appear real old-timey, not to mention that it also makes a print that will last as long as the paper it is on as inks do not fade (but silver gelatin might if not toned in selenium, which is a poison). 


Perry

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.422 / Virus Database: 270.14.20/2443 - Release Date: 10/17/09 13:08:00




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___