Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Re: [papercreters] allowed to do own repairs



It depends on where you live, but usually you can not. I'm not familiar with Virginia laws. In Texas they adopted state wide codes about five years ago and everything plumbing/electrical has to be permitted and inspected, and done by licensed people. NM is the same way. Some parties are pushing for a national code and that will really make it hard to be innovative.

I imagine Virginia has a state website that would include the regulations for building. A little research should get you an answer.

spaceman

Tom H wrote:

As a home owner, can I do all my own electrical, plumbing, or carpenter work. Is there anything I need a licensed person for? Do I need everything I do inspected? I'm in Virginia     
   


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___