Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Ron & Doris Papercrete Formula



I agree with you. It is hard to get that all together and with working with Judith I can see that the mix formula is an ongoing progress not a standard formula every time. I think this is the case with many people. I think it is great that someone is taking on the job of building a data base but I also think that just a simple file of some of the mixes used and for what kind of project is also good. Something to look through to get a idea for us that pretty much wing it and just need a general idea. I know that the time I've spent on the list there has been quite a few mixing formulas that have come though and I thought it would be good to get these into an area easy to find. If Doris and Ron would like to add more info about their formula I've put in the file, it's easy to do just go in and edit it. I know that I've tried to find a general mixing formula before in the past posts, it was not easy.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 11:19 AM, countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 

Pleas don't take offense, but if you look at how the group did the pulping at Judith's, looks like they first started soaking cardboard, and then later just started craming dry cardboard into the tow mixer, did anybody stop and weigh that cardboard? I personally never weigh anything, I find using the gallon standard is close enough for me, I don't care what the paper weighed before I pulped it, or what the weight of a gallon of  cement is, and in my case I don't care what a gallon of clay or a gallon of sand weigh, the only thing I care about is the number of gallons of each, I really understand the "drained Paper Pulp" statement, it simply means, in Ron & Doris case to dump the wet load on the ground, it will self drain, pick it up  15 gallons and put it in an electric or gas mixer and add the 2 gallons of cement, add additional water and mix until it looks like oatmeal.

Bob the builder

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "thelandyachtaustin" <thelandyacht@...> wrote:

 any way to break that down to dry-weight on the paper, or do you pulp a large amount of paper at a time then just mix small batches in yer mixer?
 
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "doris" dorisburton03@ wrote:

 3 five gallon buckets of drained paper pulp
 
2 gallon of portland cement
 
Add enough water for it to mix Around three gallons give or take a little.
 
This is mixed in a cement mixer.





--
Chinese herbals for the Western Mind
www.ozbotanicals.com
Skype~eve8mon




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___