Sunday, October 18, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Ron & Doris Papercrete Project



I was wondering as how you got the OSB to conform to your roof, I sure like to see some photos of you putting that on in strips. Now I understand why you've added all those in between boards between your rafters, they are to nail and glue the OSB edges too. Are you going to use any kind of insulation between the bottom of the rafters and the roof?

Bob the builder
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, doris burton <dorisburton03@...> wrote:

 The ceiling will be OSB that will be glued,nailed in two foot strips same as
 the top of the roof.
 
Have you googled Hyperbolic Paraboloid ? It gives a great explanation of
 the configuration.
 Felix Candela, is a Mexican architect that builds amazing forms.
 Most of what I have seen have been churches that are built of thin shell
 concrete built by peasant labor.
 This is where we got our idea for building the roof. There is also a french
 architect that builds them as well.
 We are sure trying for December. I probably won't post anymore pictures
 until we are at the top. I think I have gone over my limit already but love
 sharing the progress with everyone : )
 
Doris



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___