Sunday, October 18, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Ron & Doris Papercrete Project



The ceiling will be OSB that will be glued,nailed in two foot strips same as the top of the roof.
 
Have you googled  Hyperbolic Paraboloid ? It gives a great explanation of the configuration.
Felix Candela, is a Mexican architect that builds amazing forms.
Most of what I have seen have been churches that are built of thin shell concrete built by peasant labor.
This is where we got our idea for building the roof. There is also a french architect that builds them as well.
We are sure trying for December. I probably won't post anymore pictures until we are at the top. I think I have gone over my limit already but love sharing the progress with everyone : )
 
Doris
 
 
 
 
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 12:51 PM, countryatheartok <criswells.ok@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
 


I see you posted some more pictures, wow! you guys are almost there, bet
you make it by December. I am still amazed by that roof configuration,
in all my 30+ years in the construction business I've never seen a roof
like that. I don't see any ceiling joist, are you just going to do
something to the bottom of the rafters?

Bob the builder




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___