Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: Ron & Doris Papercrete Formula



The biggest factor is usually cost we don't want to use more cement etc. than neccesary for the strength 
that the job requires.

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 

While there are many formulas that work, there is an ideal formula for every given situation. As you say, if you want to put forth the effort, and are good at searching archives, then the information on many formulas is available in the archives. If we want papercrete to make it into the building codes then there will need to be an easily referenced database that indicates what formulas work best in which situations, and hopefully test results for them. Eventually there will have to be certified testing and that will be for specific formulas. That's why the code committee started the first database. It was going well until it all fell apart, and one failure doesn't stop the effort.

Since you have records of many formulas then maybe we can get you to enter what you have into the database once it is ready, or at least forward the information to someone who will. That would cut down on duplicated effort and time spent searching through 8,900 messages. Not to mention that yahoo's search isn't the greatest in the world.

spaceman



countryatheartok wrote:


I don't know about everybody else, but ever since I've found this site, I have searched the archives for formulas and recipies and mixes and what ever hit I could think of and have squirreled away multi files of this information, I've saved everything from ferro cement recipies to padobe and papercrete. Anybody can do it if they want to put forth the effort. Most all the do'ers on this site have shared their mixes graciously, and from all this information I decided which one worked best for my area, and wheather I was going to make stones, blocks or T-lock-Blox, each application is to be handled differently.

Bob the builder

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Evelyn Vollmer <evelynanne8@...> wrote:

 I agree with you. It is hard to get that all together and with working with
 Judith I can see that the mix formula is an ongoing progress not a standard
 formula every time. I think this is the case with many people. I think it is
 great that someone is taking on the job of building a data base but I also
 think that just a simple file of some of the mixes used and for what kind of
 project is also good. Something to look through to get a idea for us that
 pretty much wing it and just need a general idea. I know that the time I've
 spent on the list there has been quite a few mixing formulas that have come
 though and I thought it would be good to get these into an area easy to
 find. If Doris and Ron would like to add more info about their formula I've
 put in the file, it's easy to do just go in and edit it. I know that I've
 tried to find a general mixing formula before in the past posts, it was not
 easy.
 


No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.422 / Virus Database: 270.14.23/2448 - Release Date: 10/20/09 10:43:00




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___