Wednesday, October 7, 2009

[papercreters] Re: treated lunber

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "countryatheartok" <criswells.ok@...> wrote:
>
> I probably was thinking of the old arsenic treated lumber, the new stuff is copper treated.
<snip>
> and would prevent termites from reaching the rafters (I've seen
> this happen in older stick built homes that had a roof leak) Thanks
> for you input.

I have never seen termites eat either arsenic or creosote treated lumber. I have seen them eat copper treated for a short distance to get to something tasty like kiln dried pine (happened in a wall in my garage). I have even seen them eat Cypress and Cedar, but again only until they had something better to chew on.

And back on topic directly: In spite of having direct ground contact for several years in a termite prone area (Orlando, FL area) I have never seen a termite in my papercrete.

- Ernie

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/