Saturday, September 19, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Test message/foam dome



Which way does (did) your blade turn while mixing? I believe that the direction affects how long the rear end lasts, so I'm gathering data on that.

Worst skeeters I ever saw were in northern Utah, up above 9,000 feet. I grew up in swamp country on the gulf coast, so I've had lots of experience with the little suckers. Never have liked them. Amazingly, we even have them here in west Texas out in the desert where there is very little water.

spaceman

Ron Richter wrote:

Spaceman,
Since you asked, I am working on a 450 Honda Foreman engine today.  I have a 400 Honda foreman with a serious knock and since it is our only transportation in the village it has to work.  So I bought a 450 with a broken frame but a good engine and am working on the replacement.  I decided to change the valves, put in a new piston and rings and hone the cylinder before installing it.

It is a fantastic day for it too as it was 37 this morning and the trees are losing their yellow leaves.  Because I felt like mechanicing  this morning I am also changing 503 engines out of a Skandic snow machine.  Last year our first snow was on the 21st of Sept. so it is just around the corner.  I can't wait because the pesky mosquitos and white socks will be a thing of the past after the first snow. 

And so we remain on topic, I am enviously waiting to hear all the cool stuff you guys are going to get to trade back and forth at Judith's.

My last mix of PC I made my towmixer froze one tire up so I fear I have destroyed it.  I will be in Montana for part of January and I'll take it apart to see if it is re-buildable.  Might be cheaper to just buy a new rear end and start over from scratch.  If you are new and building a towmixer, don't forget to fill it with oil to keep things lubricated inside with it in its new position!

Ron



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___