Wednesday, September 30, 2009

[papercreters] Judith's Abiquiu project



From: williams_judith@hotmail.com
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Judith's Abiquiu project
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:53:13 -0600

Just thought I would send a message to thank all who came out and joined in the fun here in Abiquiu. It was so wonderful to meet everyone. I had a great time and hope everyone else did too. I learned a lot and am so pleased with the progress on my little building.

I went out to the project this morning and was able to get 2 more courses up all around the building. That took 2 loads of slurry. I poured about 2" of slurry into the slip forms and laid blocks on top of the slurry nestled down into the forms. Then I came along and poured more slurry over everything with more blocks on top. So that brought the walls up about a foot in only maybe 2 hours time. My neighbor saw me driving in and came running over to work with me which sped things along nicely. Wind is about 50 mph and it's starting to rain so we quit early. I'm not sure how many courses I could put up in a day, considering the downward pressure may push the bottom slurry out. I'll move the forms up tomorrow and if it's not really windy I'll see how far I can get. 

So thanks again everyone. I'll keep you posted and take some pics.

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me




__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___