Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Padobe



90% rock sounds like a ready made rubble trench foundation. Might be worth looking into...

spaceman

JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:


Been out at the site all day. Had the guy come to dig the foundation.
What a job! The ground is 90% rocks, digging by bobcat done, now the shoveling starts. I got the trenches cleared of rocks but am thinking of how much concrete needs to be mixed in a rented mixer or the usual way in the wheelbarrow. Not sure the padobe will work out. The stuff I poured yesterday is still very wet.  took the form off and some corners fell off, even after 24 hrs. I'm thinking it's just too much to try something so new with the prospect that it will bomb. I love my idea for the slip forming and have the forms all worked out and half built. So may go with my original papercete mix and enjoy the whole process. I am so tired tonight I am not even human, but tomorrow is another day with entirely new promises. Will keep you posted.
Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me
 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.97/2370 - Release Date: 09/14/09 11:36:00


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___