Wednesday, September 30, 2009

[papercreters] Re: Judith's Abiquiu project

Thanks Judith for the update.
Glad things are moving along at a little faster pace for you.
We came home and went right to work on our project.
We got an 18' wide wall 10" deep filled and two smaller walls yesterday.
We were going to put up two windows today but the wind over ruled us.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Doris / Ron

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> From: williams_judith@...
> To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: Judith's Abiquiu project
> Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 14:53:13 -0600
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Just thought I would send a message to thank all who came out and
> joined in the fun here in Abiquiu. It was so wonderful to meet
> everyone. I had a great time and hope everyone else did too. I learned a lot and am so pleased with the progress on my little building.
>
> I
> went out to the project this morning and was able to get 2 more courses
> up all around the building. That took 2 loads of slurry. I poured about
> 2" of slurry into the slip forms and laid blocks on top of the slurry
> nestled down into the forms. Then I came along and poured more slurry
> over everything with more blocks on top. So that brought the walls up
> about a foot in only maybe 2 hours time. My neighbor saw me driving in
> and came running over to work with me which sped things along nicely.
> Wind is about 50 mph and it's starting to rain so we quit early. I'm
> not sure how many courses I could put up in a day, considering the
> downward pressure may push the bottom slurry out. I'll move the forms
> up tomorrow and if it's not really windy I'll see how far I can get.
>
> So thanks again everyone. I'll keep you posted and take some pics.
>
> Sincerely, Judith
>
> Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>
>
>
>
> EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
> Join me
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/