Sunday, September 13, 2009

[papercreters] Padobe virgin



Just thought I would check in with my report on my first padobe experience. I followed Spaceman's formula and adapted it to my tank which is about 20% larger. Anyone who has followed this list for a while knows how math and tech challenged I am. So I got started anyway. I have a 200 gallon tank, the typical McCain (not the politician) variety tow mixer. Filled it 2/3 with water, heaped up the soaked cardboard, added 3 buckets of perlite and the equivalent of 4 buckets (7 shovels per bucket) clay soil. Had to add 1 more bucket perlite and 2 more soil but it seems to be a good mix. Got it into the form and couldn't wait around and time things because I am without transportation and the "ride" had to get going. So I will check it out tomorrow and see how it is. My main concern is how long it has to set up before the form can be moved. I found with my papercrete that if I tried to move the form (we are talking about slip forming here) too soon the lower course would fall apart. Not a good thing for sure. I am planning this project for the gathering and counting on the form moving up at a certain time so I will have to observe and adapt.
 Have any of you had this experience? You are working on a theory with your papercrete mix or method and well-meaning friends or relatives say " Well, if you'd just quit changing your mind!......." I say " How many times did Edison or Ford or Einstein or Da Vinci (not that I am in that class) hear that from wives, mothers, children? It is not helpful, to say the least.

For you music lovers look up Langhorn Slim on You Tube singing "Diamonds and Gold". Enjoy. It is my theme song. Let me know what you think. Get a little happy along the way!

Sincerely, Judith

Check out my new Squidoo Lens at http://www.squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith




i'm EMAILING FOR THE GREATER GOOD
Join me


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___