Tuesday, September 15, 2009

[papercreters] I found Kims post

Greetings,

I finally managed to catch my friend in a mood to do some typing. The
walls he made with this mix have been up for at least 3 years, if not
more. The have no finish on them and show no mold, mildew or damage even
in the wettest season. We are located in North Grimes County, about 125
miles from the Gulf of Mexico in Texas, hot and humid in the extreme. He
is on low land that really does mud pit, well.

His info:

Papercrete. Kim my test were using 40gl water to grind 25#'dry' paper I
then would pour a std contractors barrow 1/2 full (will do 4 barrows). I
then stir in 15# Portland, then stir in 16 std Round point spade
'rounded full' of sand (approx 70#)and pour into forms.

So, translated it is:
40 gallons water
25 pounds of paper
60 pounds of portland cement
280 pounds of sand

I have not personally tried his mix, but I have seen the walls many
times. Hopefully one day I can get pictures, but he is now almost 78 and
his health is going.

Bright Blessings,
Kim


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/