Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Padobe

Greetings,

While I haven't worked much with PC, Mike McCain turned me onto the idea
of Fidobe as he called it back in the late 90s. A friend that has sandy
soil, about 5 miles from me has done extensive work with PC. His first
attempts that used the original recipe of 10% portland, 20% sand and 70%
paper did mold and mildew rather extensively when left unfinished in our
climate. He changed his recipe and now has buildings that have been up
at least 7 years, no protective roofs, coatings or anything that are
just fine. I lost his recipes in a computer crash, but I did report
them to this list, so they are somewhere in the archives. He is an old
hermit, in his late 70s, and not into visitors. He used slip forming
for all his buildings.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

JUDITH WILLIAMS wrote:
>
>
> Thanks Kim. I will save this message for future reference and may have
> more questions about papercrete in humid environments. I had a
> question recently from someone in MO who wants to build with pc and
> was concerned about mold. Have you ever had a problem with it? I was
> surprised the other day when I took a form off something I had poured
> about 6 months ago and found a very small area of mold. I have never
> had a problem with it before but I think this time it was a
> combilation of pouring a very large amount (the form is 4 feet high
> and a weird shape but there's a lot of papercrete in there) and
> leaving the form on for so long.
>
> But anyway, I'm interested to know about anyone having a mold problem.
>
>
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/