Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Re: [papercreters] Re: [PMA] No Bites?



If this was the pumpkin question, I replied to it yesterday morning at 8:15, recommending just paper pulp with no additives. I think yahoo is having problems again, did not receive the below referenced post.

In answer to the "chopping" question, the paper needs to be pulped. Confetti sized won't work so well. You want to separate the fibers with agitation in water.

spaceman

Evelyn Vollmer wrote:

Pepper and Robert, I am confused here. I did not see Robert's first email concerning this! I am surprised that you did not receive a reply of some sort. I don't understand about this papermacheart post coming here? Perhaps I am dense???

I am not one of the experienced of this papercrete list but what is the question? I have never seen a rude post from this list except one from me that slipped through.......yikes! Ev

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Robert Morger <rmorger@gmail.com> wrote:
 

Yep dropped a similar note there. They are also relatively silent on
the subject. I figured it was more appropriate to send it here as it
is more sculptural in nature. Now if I asked them about mixes for
building houses fences etc.....


> ----- Original Message -----
> From: rmorger03
> To: PaperMacheArt@yahoogroups.com
> Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 8:17 AM
> Subject: [PMA] No Bites?
>
>
> Aw well no advice on papercrete mixes shucks.
> Okay what do you think would be better then as admix to sticky up the mix.
> Adding about 10% joint compound or adding 10% pottery clay or does it
> really matter?
>
> Also I am wondering if my pulp is chopped up fine enough right now it is
> chopped up to about the size of confetti about 1/16" to 1/8" square.
> Do I need to add additional water and chop it up finer before working with
> it?
>
> Robert
>
>
>
>
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
>
>




--



 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 8.5.409 / Virus Database: 270.13.112/2388 - Release Date: 09/22/09 05:51:00


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___