Friday, September 28, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: rollers for stationary mixer

The only thing I welded when I first put them together was the axles to the washers and the washers to the pipe every thing else bolted together,using the bolts that held the blocks on. Butttt you have to keep checking them because they work loose. Hence the reason I welded the whole unit up including the nuts on the blocks. If I ever have to replace one of the blocks torching off the nuts is no big deal besides having one of them coming loose would be alot more costly if that roller came up off the bed. Go to your scrap yard ask them if they sell used steel it should be around $.25 a pound my whole roller is made from used stuff except the blocks they are new and cost around $25.00 each. I think I have $224.00 in the rollers but I have my own shop so the welder was on hand. If your going to a welder make a print of my picture it may help in telling him what you want.
 
Ken

daleandbren <daleandbren@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks, I actually had seen your pics, thanks for the how to on
building them. I am on a very limited budget and was trying to get by
without having something built, I have no access to welders and such.
I may ask a local small machine shop what your set up will cost.
Thanks-Dale

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "bornofthehorses"
wrote:
>
> Check the ones I made out under Kens stuff in the phote section.
> 4 x 4 x 1/2 inch angle for the base, 3 inch drill pipe for the
rollers.
> 1 1/2 inch cold rolled steel axles full length of the rollers to
the
> blocks, 3inch x 1/4 washers to tie the axle to the pipes. 1 1/2
inch
> pillow blocks as the contacts/supports,I have used them almost
daily
> for years. Little grease in the blocks every month and they go and
go.
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "daleandbren"
> wrote:
> >
> > I tried conveyor rollers, bearings only lasted one batch. I need
> > rollers with high speed bearings, or pillow block bearings that
can
> > handle the weight and speed. Anybody have some experience with
using
> > rollers. -Dale
> >
>





Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows.
Yahoo! Answers - Check it out. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___