Saturday, September 29, 2007

Re: [papercreters] New Member Intro

Welcome, Clarissa!  You must talk to Joyce, who is building papercrete domes for her Shetland stallions!
 
ElfN
 
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2007 6:20 PM
Subject: [papercreters] New Member Intro

Hello Everyone,
I have tons of things to learn and am very excited to have found a group that has accomplished so much and embodies so much experience. I've experimented with some alternative structures for our horses and I was a considerable source of amusement to the local agricultural community until they saw that my structures were still standing after a round of 60mph winds and the second round. While this was a far cry from a hurricane, I was very proud of my work. So far, we can safely house 10 horses for about $2,000. and the structures are portable (not taxable). I acquire 20 poly grain bags each week due to the horses and I have always been annoyed that there was no way to recycle them. Then I discovered bagged earth walls and am experimenting away...
None of this research and experimenting though, helped me reach my goal of living in a sustainable home and every month there is another round of $300. utility bills. I decided that I did't want to wait forever and that, care taking for 20 creatures and an elderly mom probably would not leave me much time to build that perfect home. Our area frowns on anything alternative, as well. We have finally located and begun negotiating to purchase an already started papercrete home in NM. There is enough of a house to live in while I do all the horse related (fence, barn, storage) building and even a papercrete workshop.
I am not always good at technical things and am subject to occasional blond moments but I can usually understand something after I've plowed through it a few times.
I'm looking forward to reading and learning and thank you all in advance. I doubt that I'll have a whole lot to contribute but I'm sure to have a lot of questions.
Clarissa


No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.488 / Virus Database: 269.13.35/1039 - Release Date: 9/29/2007 9:46 PM
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___