Friday, September 28, 2007

[papercreters] Re: rollers for stationary mixer

Dale: [I tried conveyor rollers, bearings only lasted one batch.]

I have no experience, but like your experiment.
Looking at your pictures I was thinking about the possibility to have
an second axel with rim.
take the tire of the rim that is now driving the mixer and connect
that rim with a steel tube with a good diameter to the second rim . In
that way you use the bearings of two axels and the tube is the roller.
The bigger the tube the easier it is to control the speed of the mixer
I guess. The things you have to look for now is to have a solid
construction between the two axels and the height of the whole
construction in a way that you can drive your car onto the tube.

An easier less stable alternative I was thinking about was to mount
two rims with tires on the axel that is driving te mixer now and
lower the construction or make a small ramp so that you put the tire
of your car on the two tires that is now driving mixer.

Just suggestions.
My suggestion costs nothing. Is propably less worth. And I do not use
it myself. But I am very interested to learn what will work for you.
grtn Jan


Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/