Friday, September 28, 2007

Re: [papercreters] Re: rollers for stationary mixer

Most of my info was from talking to some of the guys in N.M. and looking at how they were set up. As far as support goes that sounds good for your down force now you need to look at shear force. From what I seen on your rig it looks good but if it was me I would put 4 x 4s angled 45 degrees down off the top of your deck, butted off your frame beam into the ground say a foot or two then back filled. Both on your seat side and across from it atleast 3 of them say each corner and 1 in the middle. I think that tank would rip out of the deck befor the deck moved with that much support which is what you want the more solid the rig the better. As for the deadman switch go to say autozone tell them what your doing, they should have a coil killer, mercury drop, or pushpull spp switches. What you want to do is stop the flow of current to the plugs FAST, so if you stop the juice going to the coil it in turn stops the current to the plugs which kills the engine. The coil killer is a push button in a handle you hold on to with two wires coming out. One hooks to the + side of the coil and the wire that was on the + side is plugged into the wire thats left going to the handle. When you push the button it breaks the power going to the coil and kills the engine. The mercury drop is a switch that is enclosed in a short pvc pipe with two wires coming out one end. When you hold upright with the wire pointing down  the switch is closed if you drop it or turn it sideways or wires up it opens the switch, when its hooked up the same way as the coil killer and the switch is open it kills the engine. The pushpull can be setup the same way depending on what kind you get (pushed in opens it pull out its closed). There lots of different ways and items out there that work just talk to the guys at the auto parts place they can help you most of the time in selection. I have doubled up mine I have a coil killer and a mercury switch on the tank and the power plant. The mercurys are taped to a stick leaning on the tank and the bumper tied together so if one of them jump the that switch falls over killing the engine the coil killer is backup. Its always close to me if not right in my hand.
Ken       
I am now off my stump lol

----- Original Message -----
From: "daleandbren"
To:
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 10:47 AM
Subject: [papercreters] Re: rollers for stationary mixer


> Thanks for the heads up. I wish there was more info available on using
> rollers. I like the dead man switch, but am at a lost of the how to on
> that. My van is secure, but WOW, the whole mixer moving? Thats crazy. I
> have 6 4x4 posts a foot in the ground and I "thought" I was safe. If
> you can tell me where to find more info, please do. It seems like most
> of what I find on papercrete is"look what I have done" not the nuts and
> bolts instructional stuff. -Dale
>
>
>
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
>
>
>





Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/



Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel. __._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___