Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Re: [papercreters] About your dome home

This has to be right out of Star Wars.  It is amazing and I am so jealous.
 
Bontie
 
 
-------Original Message-------
 
From: Spaceman
Date: 7/15/2007 2:19:35 PM
Subject: Re: [papercreters] About your dome home
 
My dome is pretty far from the Monolithic design. They use a hemispherical air form, sprayed foam and concrete to make a smooth hemisphere. Mine is a geodesic, made from triangular panels and covered with papercrete, in a 5/9 sphere truncation. My method cost a lot less than theirs, too.

I quit updating the website in 2002 before the dome was finished, when the website was hacked and everything past about April disappeared. I have several times started looking for the lost pictures and narrative, but have never accomplished that goal. Meanwhile, I moved into the dome in November of 2002 and have been happily living there ever since. A couple of years ago I removed the roof over the back room and am in the process of rebuilding it, slowly. So, it was almost finished, then I decided to revise the back roof, so it is still unfinished. In the meantime I have added a couple of smaller domes, pipe frames covered with pc triangle panels.  Here is a picture taken in June 2002 with some areas still needing pc layers.

Spaceman





Free Animations for your email - By IncrediMail! Click Here! __._,_.___


SPONSORED LINKS
Home repair improvement Papercrete Uniform building code
1997 uniform building code Uniform building code online

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___