Friday, July 6, 2007

[papercreters] Re: Fibrous Cement - some photos

Over here in beautiful downtown western Arizona we're cooler today at 119 after the last two days of 124 and 121 - 84 for the low last night.  Within a month we'll be lucky to get under 100 at night.
 
I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed the papercrete videos on youtube,  I didn't even know they were there.  More!  We need more videos!  They're very informative on the actual building aspect too, since I'm still making blocks and haven't started building yet I got some real good tips I wouldn't have otherwise known.
 
I also wonder about the pumice.  I'm using sand, I haven't had the problem Judith described where sand sinks to the bottom,  I only have a very small amount in the bottom after removing all the papercrete, not even a cup full.  Maybe it's because I put all ingredients in at once before mixing?   
 
Where do you get pumice?
 
Also, what is being used for the capped hole at the bottom of the mixer for easy removal of the papercrete.  Bucketing it out has gotten real old real fast, my back isn't as young as it used to be.  I'd like to be able to just pour it out the bottom too. 
 
Terry
 
 

__._,_.___
Recent Activity
Visit Your Group
SPONSORED LINKS
Yahoo! Groups

Moderator Central

Connecting a world

of moderators

HDTV Support

on Yahoo! Groups

Help with Samsung

HDTVs and devices

Drive Traffic

Sponsored Search

can help increase

your site traffic.

.

__,_._,___