Monday, March 3, 2008

Re: [papercreters] New Papercreter!

Welcome to the list Charlie. Yeah, mixing in a bucket is hard work. Check out Curtis's idea for a mixer made from a pressure washer and a custom built header.

We're always happy to hear from someone who's out there doing it, and passing along their experiences. I recommend reading the archives, there is a lot of good information there among the good times and occasional rant.

Spaceman


mcrickman wrote:

Hello all just joined this group because I have started making papercrete. My first project is going to be a 12'x12' storage building in my backyard. So far I have made 80 - 8x8x12 blocks I'm mixing in a 5 gallon bucket with a mortar mixing bit in my drill. Lots of work doing it this way so I am getting a 55 gallon barrel an building a larger mixer using a 1hp A/C electric  motor. I just want to make 30 - 35 gallon batches so no need to build a tow mixer just yet.  Charlie        
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___