Friday, March 21, 2008

[papercreters] PTO Driven Mixer

I am now the very proud owner of a rotary mower gearbox.  Wahoo!  Got it from the large farm equipment and parts place in Albany. 
 
I'm going to put Terry to work taking apart the single axle travel trailer (junk, got it as a freebee), which will be my base for building the mixer.
 
I'll need to get some welding done, once I figure out how I want to configure my mixer.  I need a hitch that will fasten to my drawbar and I need the mixer close enough to the tractor to attach the pto drive shaft.  I will need to build a connector for the mixer end of the drive shaft we already have.  The gearbox has a round shaft with a shear pin.  I can't recall what the augur shaft is . . .
 
I've got the base of the chicken house halfway done.  I had to purchase some extra lags, but haven't had a chance to get the lags installed.  Once they're in I'll skin the frame with plywood and be that much closer to ready to play . . . once the weather cooperates.  It won't be today.  Woke up to over an inch of snow on the ground. 
 
ElfN
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___