Monday, March 31, 2008

[papercreters] Tensile strength of papercrete?

HI all,

I have dabbled in hypertufa, concrete, and papercrete.

My papercrete endeavors are of the garden art variety. I am starting a new project-a outdoor bench made of papercrete. The top will be about 2 inches thick, as will be the base on each side. I am not worried about the bases being strong enough, but I am concerned about the top being strong enough to support the weight of someone without cracking in half. I’d like some input from others about whether or not I need reinforcement inside the top portion, and if so, what to use?

Any input is appreciated!

Best to all,

heather
__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___