Friday, March 14, 2008

[papercreters] Re: Asphalt emulsion

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "John Annesley" <John@...> wrote:
>
> Ernie, Nick
>
> Just thought I'd jump on the "Oh my god!" bandwagon of sneering at
> anything non-papercrete, and turn it on itself

John,

Truly sorry if my post came across as "sneering". I actually have
quite a bit of respect for the innovative flair you seem to bring to
the subject of your posts. However, I didn't want someone to base
their building decisions on something I believed to be untrue. To my
knowledge, cement does not out gas anything toxic into your living
space. Most hydrocarbon based products do. That was the gist of my
post, and I did not mean it as a dig at all.

I have not read your post on cement yet, although I know it is fairly
environmentally costly, between the energy and the materials used to
make and transport it. And it can be dangerous to mix, if you don't
take the proper precautions. However, it does not pose the hidden
risks that I think having hydrocarbons in your walls and ceiling
might. I will point out I am not a scientist, so this is just a
laymans opinion.

Thank you for keeping an open mind, vive le discusion.

- Ernie


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join

(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
mailto:papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/