Friday, March 21, 2008

RE: [papercreters] PTO Driven Mixer

Hi Nori:

 

I have an old mower gearbox as well but it is still attached to the mower and in use.  It kept leaking the oil out so I just pumped it full of grease and have had no further issues.  If your tractor has three point hitch I would go that way and forget about the draw bar.  It is far safer when using a PTO.  The added bonus is you can just build your tank platform with skids on the front and caster type wheels on the back.  Then it will be easy to use the three point hitch to tilt your load and drain easily.  As well as drive it right over your forms and fill etc.

 

I am excited to follow your progress lots of pictures please.

 

Nick

 


From: papercreters@yahoogroups.com [mailto:papercreters@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of ElfNori
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2008 12:04 PM
To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [papercreters] PTO Driven Mixer

 

Oh, yeah, taunt me with your lovely weather.  <grin>  I WILL get even.  When it's a beautiful sunny 74 here in June and you're starting to cook, I'll remind you of this.

 

The gearbox cost me $175. <wiggles in excitement>  Not bad.  I'll try and get pictures of it today. 

 

I also need to disassemble the gearbox to see how it's constructed.  I know the drive shaft fastens to the blade assembly with a shear pin which can be reached by taking the cover off the box.  I must decide if I should build a new blade mounting assembly or use what came with the unit.  I'm leaning toward the latter as the blade holder is a T which holds two rotating blades. 

 

I also need to check the seals, see what kind of shape they're in, make sure the seals will hold  up to being mounted upside down against papercrete.  Lots to do before I start assembly.

 

Next time Terry goes to town with the land yacht I'll send him to Del's for a 200 gal tank.  I'd rather get a polymer tank instead of galvanized.  I won't have to worry about leakage around the seam at the outside bottom.  I'll have to buzz through and check out what they have to offer before I launch Terry on that task.

 

ElfN

__._,_.___

Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___