Monday, June 21, 2010

RE: [papercreters] Floor



Thanks Doris. Is the high cement content so you can nail into it? How thick is the floor before you put the wood floor on? Is he doing it in sections or layers?
 
I am just about to finish the walls of my second little building and will go back to the roof on the one you guys helped me with. I'm thinking it would be good to get a papercrete subfloor in this summer so I can finish both buildings by winter. I know that usually the floor is the last thing to do but I want it to have time to harden up and I figure we can cover it while we do the interior plaster. I plan to put a mud floor over the papercrete.
 
I've sort of been keeping an informal tally of what this building has cost me and I think it's only about $500 so far. That's mostly for the cement. I haven't really had to pay for anything else. And I already have all my windows, doors, appliances, water heater, plumbing fixtures etc, so it should be a very inexpensive project. And of course the volunteer labor is a huge thing.
 
I'm so glad you are doing well. Wish I could get down there for a visit. Maybe some day. Thanks again for all your help.
 
 
 

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith



 


To: papercreters@yahoogroups.com
From: yakishome@yahoo.com
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:16:21 -0700
Subject: Re: [papercreters] Floor

 
Ronnie has been doing our bedroom floor with half concrete and half paper pulp. Seems to be doing fine we will lay a wooden sub floor over that then hard wood floors.
One nice thing about this mix is that you can nail in to it.
More photo's of project to go on the site when it comes back up.
Ron & Doris

--- On Fri, 6/18/10, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com> wrote:

From: JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@hotmail.com>
Subject: [papercreters] Floor
To: "papercreters papercreters" <papercreters@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, June 18, 2010, 10:59 AM

 
Has anyone done a papercrete floor?

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercre tebyjudith. com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo. com/papercreteby judith




Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. See how.




The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started.

__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___