Wednesday, June 9, 2010

[papercreters] New wall section complete with concrete cap

Just posted some photos of the new North section half wall, complete
with concrete cap with 1 1/2" hang over on each side. This hang over
will become flush when I add PC stones to both sides of the wall. For
those interested in pouring concrete cap over PC, I poured both the same
day just a couple of hours apart, I was afraid the PC had not shrunk
enough but it was getting late and I wanted to finish both before I quit
for the day, I screwed 3/8 lag bolts into the corner post and the post
at the East end of the wall, I also embedded 4 ea 3/8 lag bolts into the
still soft PC, I framed the cap and screwed it to the form board, I
poured the concrete mixture semi wet and hoped for the best. I am really
pleased as how it turned out, I will try to repeat the process three
more times before I'm done. I posted a photo of our mixture right out of
the mixer, It looks like mud but it will not stick to your tools or your
hands, once poured into the forms the water runs clear out of it.

BTB


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/