Monday, June 7, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Paper Content

That is interesting, I have seen the same results as well. I have also
noticed when I pulp just used office paper I get a gray foam which I
believe is the ink, after I let it set a while and pulp again it does
not reappear. I don't know if the ink has anything to do with
insulation, I have noticed bugs and flys don't like my pulped paper, I
don't know if it is the ink or what but even after I add my clay mud
wasp will not touch it, and it looks like mud to me but I guess they see
something else, if any of the ground around where I am working gets
muddy, the mud wasp grab it up but not my papercrete.

BTB
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <shadowweaver2010@...>
wrote:
>
> Ok I know I ask a lot of questions but here is one that has plagued me
over the last week.
>
> When pulping my paper recently I divided the different types of paper
up that I had and pulped them in seperate batches.
>
> What piqued my curiosity was the ink content in the paper. In news
print my pulped paper created a dark grey and rather mud like mixture.
>
> However, when I pulped like regular printer/notebook paper it was more
fluffy like a mirange or eggwhite custard.
>
> Lastly when pulping old books that had the yellowed construction paper
like pages the mixture did not pulp as well in fact it looked more like
a cooked oatmeal.
>
> While each of these had different textures is ink content an important
aspect of the paper bonding or not bonding with the concrete?
>
> Another thought was does the ink content in the paper have any adverse
effects on the insulating value of the mix?
>
> Anyone have any thoughts comments or knowledge on this?
>

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/