Tuesday, June 1, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Removed forms from West Wall next day



Just like it says on the Portland Cement bag, 3-2-1, of cource they are talking about three gravel, two sand and one cement, in my case it is 3 wet but not runny shredded paper, and believe it or not, different paper makes a difference, I find white office paper only to be the best, then I add two clay and one cement, I first pulp the paper and add it to my mixer, my mixer will hold 9 wet paper pulp, 6 clay and 3 cement quite well. I first add my paper all except 2 parts which I hold out to add my cement to, once that is mixed well together I then add the last 2 parts paper and 3 cement mixture to the mixer, I let that mix a while then I add my clay parts last. Works well for me.

BTB
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <shadowweaver2010@...> wrote:
>
> That looks great, What was your mix ratio again? I have a lot of red clay here but my mix didn't look that red when I was finished. So I was just curious.
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "countryatheartok" criswells.ok@ wrote:
> >
> >
> > [West Wall Next Day]
> >
> > Just posted a photo of the West Wall next day, we removed the forms from
> > the East side of the West Wall, the forms are still on the West side of
> > the West wall. We will remove them tomorrow, we are now ready to start
> > pouring the North side of the outdoor kitchen wall. We will keep you
> > posted, the wife could not wait to get the table and chairs out and see
> > how it was going to work out. :-)
> >
> > BTB
> >
> > P.S. Love this red clay mixture!
> >
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___