Wednesday, June 2, 2010

[papercreters] Re: West wall almost done



I didn't take any photos of it but it is in there, I also found a novel use for wire hangers, they work very well for wall ties. I placed them on the OSB wall 16" OC and on the corner post every other course. I'm in Oklahoma and was the Code Enforcement Officer for the city before I was promoted to Consruction Manager. Papercrete as an infill for a Post Constructed building is permitted.

I have a question for the group, has anyone ever poured a wall with an arch? I want to make my entire North wall a series of arch windows and one arch passage opening.

BTB
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "tekeasy" <fkoobideh@...> wrote:
>
>
> I didn't see any rebar or wire-mesh inside the forms.
> What state are you in?
>
> -Tek-
>
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "countryatheartok" criswells.ok@ wrote:
> >
> >
> > [west wall001]
> >
> > This is a shot of the west wall where my outdoor kitchen will set when
> > completed, This shot shows I only like one row to finish, (I just
> > finished it before I loged on here) I changed my slip form method and it
> > seems to have speeded things up. Instead of moving the bottom board up
> > to the top, I just left all forms in place and added new boards for each
> > row. The post on the right is the corner post of my patio, there is no
> > post on the left, I let just a leg hold all the boards in place and
> > added a scab leg along side to continue up. the ends of the form boards
> > is capped off with another short board which is screwed to the OSB wall,
> > and by the way I poured right up against the painted OSB board and
> > secured the PC to the wall with modified wire hangers as wall ties. No
> > ill effects has happened yet, looks like it is going to work fine.
> >
> > BTB
> >
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___