Friday, June 11, 2010

[papercreters] Re: extruded polypropylene as aggregate

I've done some testing with adding both EPS and Drywall. I've made a brick of both. They (both) seemed to work well as I used newsprint paper as the main ingredient. I placed both bricks on top of my wood stove to see the insulating quantities and the the EPS foam brick out performed the other by a lot! It doesn't have the compressive strength but for infill walls is going to be what I'm going to use!
I'd like to find an easy way to grind up and use old packing EPS that comes in every box of electronics, coffee pots, etc. so this would be a great way to cut down on landfill space! For my test brick I used a blender but in large quantities??? Any ideas would be great!
Jim J

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "allan.buch" <ab.7470@...> wrote:
>
> I have tried just putting EPS in the towmixer, together with standard
> PC. You can easily use it. It will make lighter blocks with better
> isolation values, but also softer.
>
> --
> Mvh, Allan Buch, Danmark, mail: ab7470@...
>
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "ab72756" <ab72756@> wrote:
> >
> > I have just found a couple of tons of bagged extruded polypropylene that I can have for the hauling. I am getting it now but wonder what others think of using it instead of paper and what formula would be best to mix it for blocks and logs.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bruce
> >
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/