Monday, May 10, 2010

Re: [papercreters] +Re: Most prevalent "recipe", currently?



Been trying to get around to dealing with this for several days now. I dl part2 and vlc said it could fix it, and played it. Got busy with other issues, wanted to try it with super on a school laptop, but that hasn't made it in from my back seat since last Tuesday. Don't have super installed here. Those files are the only existing copies afaik. Curtis may have a copy stashed somewhere on a cdr but I think he said no years ago. All my network got stolen 21 months ago so I lost major quantities of files including any copies of these videos. Anywaze, if you know how to fix the problem send me fixed files and I'll gladly replace the posted ones. Otherwise, I might get to it soon, soon being relative.

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.

On 5/6/2010 12:20 AM, Blake Robertson wrote:
Hello all,

Recently arrived  lurker emerging here because we're on a topic I can actually contribute to :-)

I too had the issue with the second file, but had no issue with the first one. Given the first file works, I don't think it's a codec problem: it's more likely to be that the files were corrupted when they were being uploaded to the webspace ~ the "broken" error is a typical symptom of this.

If you use a MD5 hash check on the original files, and again on the downloaded files and compare the hash it'll tell you if there's a difference in them (if they're identical they'll have identical hash values) - and, if there is, the difference will be the corruption, causing the files to break in VLC

There is a selection of free applications to do this with @ http://www.thefreecountry.com/utilities/free-md5-sum-tools.shtml

Alternatively, perhaps try uploading the broken files again or uploading to a different webspace.


Regards,

Blake

On 6 May 2010 01:10, Spaceman <Spaceman@starship-enterprises.net> wrote:
 

Yeah, it's a codec thing. Unfortunately I can't tell you which one. All four of them work here.

Curtis' camera had proprietary software and they need to be converted some standard format. If anyone wants to do that and send me copies I'll be happy to provide web space for them. Assuming Curtis is cool with it, of course.

spaceman  All opinions expressed or implied are subject to change without notice upon receipt of new information.

On 5/5/2010 3:41 AM, Norman Myers wrote:
Spaceman  VLC says "the AVI file is broken." That is number 2. 1 worked and I get no   response when I double click on 3. Haven't tried 4 yet.  Norman

 
No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG - www.avg.com Version: 9.0.819 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/2856 - Release Date: 05/05/10 12:26:00


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___