Wednesday, May 26, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Newbie questions

Copper compounds are also biocidal.

I've not tried a chain for mixing, but from the videos it looks like a better bet.

Other options than blocks are getting popular now, especially slip forming. That could avoid the time consuming multilayer block approach.


NT


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "amherstburg46" <amherstburg46@...> wrote:
>
> First of all, for a mixer. I have read that you can use an "x" stucco blade attached to a drill to mix the papercrete. I have not been able to find them locally, and I was wondering if a paint mixer drill attachment would suffice ? Just looking at it there would be very litte of a cutting effect. Right now, I am only looking at doing a few small test batches, so I would not be interested in investing time and money into any of those wonderful mixing machines people on here seem to be making.
>
> Another question. I live in a humid part of Canada and intend to use make a large solar greenhouse with the papercrete. So I am interested in something with a high insulating value which at the same time is resistant to mold and rot associated with high humidity. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a brick much like a bi-metal coin (a toonie for any Canadians reading this). I could create the first brick with just paper and concrete. I would obviously shrink with that sort of mixture. When it dried, and shrank, I would put it in the same mould which I would then fill with a mix that had high amounts of concrete and sand. This would create a brick with an insulating interior but a strong, mould resistant exterior.
>
> If anyone could provide a clue, I would appreciate it. Thanks
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/