Saturday, May 22, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Soda Can Curb Wall Mixture





What do you mix the approx 11 gallon of mix in? Or do you cut it in half and just mix it in the five gallon bucket? (i.e. 2.5 gallon pulp, 1.5 large coffee can portland cement, 1.5 shovels dirt)

Inquiring minds want to know! :-)

BTB

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, Caroline Baker <caroline659@...> wrote:
>
> Hi Judith, I used the following mixture:
> 1 Five gallon bucket pulp
> 3 Large coffee cans of portland cement
> 3 Shovels of dirt from the yard
>
> The mix was kind of "fluffy" if you can call it that. It wasn't heavy like a bag of Quikcrete and it was sure easy to work with. The whole little curb/wall only took me about 45 minutes from start to finish. It went really quickly with the cans taking up the space that would normally have been either slip formed or stacked blocks. Of course this is a teeny tiny project with no fear of causing any damage if it fails so I was comfortable experimenting. I'm not so sure I would try this on anything that needed to be structural in nature. I might try a dog house with it. If I do I'll document it and post the results to the group.
>


__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___