Tuesday, May 18, 2010

[papercreters] Keeping it simple



Those who have come to know me through this group understand my love of simplicity. It is interesting to hear what others are experimenting with and I think it's great to be able to throw something that would have ended up in the landfill into the mix. But what I really love about papercrete is the utter simplicity of it.
 
I started out adding sand to the mix according to the formula I found in the book by the Pattersons (can't think of the name) then switched to pumice for its light weight and insulating properties. Now I am using just cardboard and a little cement and am very happy with the result. When Anthony called me for advice on how to get his papercrete to dry faster I suggested he leave out the sand. I hope he lets us know the outcome.
 
Ok, I just had to spout off a bit about my love of papercrete and its simplicity. But I still want to hear what others are adding and I still look around for stuff I can get rid of in the mix or the middle of a wall.

Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog

More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith





Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.

__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___