Tuesday, May 18, 2010

[papercreters] Soda Can Garden Wall



Hi,

My name is Caroline and I was the one that made the little garden wall out of soda cans laid on their sides.  It is holding up well and, in fact, this last weekend I just made another one for my mother for Mother's Day.  (Figured it would last longer than flowers)

I'm not sure how the papercrete adhere's (or doesn't) to the cans as they are completely encased.  I don't think it would adhere very well as the cans are slick but I don't use them for any other purpose than to fill space.  They seem to work quite well in that application.  Of course, there isn't a huge amount of pressure being applied to them.  I can walk on the wall and it doesn't budge at all but I don't know if would hold up to constant pressure for any extended period of time.  So far I am quite pleased with the results and it's much cheaper than buying those commercial stackable rocks from the big box store.  And much easier to assemble too!



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___