Monday, May 31, 2010

[papercreters] itchy paws?

Hello everyone it's been awhile since I have posted anything but the weather is finally getting nice enough to start up again here in Indiana.
Ever since we moved here the dogs would come in from outside and lick and chew their paws. At first I thought it was something in the lawn but now that I am walking around more bare footed my feet are itching also.
I have an old concrete walk way out through the back yard that is getting very pitted almost like it's disintegrating. I have found that if I walk only on the grass I am fine but the minute I walk on the cement they begin to itch. When I hose it off it is fine but only while it is wet.
Does anyone know what is causing the itching or what is wrong with the cement?
I started yesterday putting down a top coat of papercrete to protect us from the concrete ( and of course it started raining) but it still worries me because in all my years I have never experienced this. In the 16 years of California living I have never come across this and we where bare footed all the time.
Any help would be appreciated even if it means having it ripped out.
Jeanne

------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/