Sunday, May 23, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Keeping it simple

Judith, I know we talked a lot on the phone last week and since then I have been brainstorming. I was just wondering from everyone has anyone kept track of how much they have spent on any of their projects or tools? I just did a quick inventory of how much I have spent in the last year and half of playing with this and I estimated that I have spent a little over $60 so far.

Some of the stuff I have was given to me such as the 5 gallon buckets and now I have 40 gallon plastic barrels that were donated by my local community college.

I also just made a contact with a local book recycler that buys books of value. Weekly he throws a dumpster load of books away that cannot be resold or have little or no value to them. He has given me cartblanche to salvaging as much as I want. He also told me to mention this to the group because there are book recyclers everywhere but especially close to community and state colleges. Right now he is working on getting me a list of recyclers that he knows of and links to where more could be found. Soon as I get that information I will post it here for everyone. :)

--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, JUDITH WILLIAMS <williams_judith@...> wrote:
>
>
> Those who have come to know me through this group understand my love of simplicity. It is interesting to hear what others are experimenting with and I think it's great to be able to throw something that would have ended up in the landfill into the mix. But what I really love about papercrete is the utter simplicity of it.
>
>
>
> I started out adding sand to the mix according to the formula I found in the book by the Pattersons (can't think of the name) then switched to pumice for its light weight and insulating properties. Now I am using just cardboard and a little cement and am very happy with the result. When Anthony called me for advice on how to get his papercrete to dry faster I suggested he leave out the sand. I hope he lets us know the outcome.
>
>
>
> Ok, I just had to spout off a bit about my love of papercrete and its simplicity. But I still want to hear what others are adding and I still look around for stuff I can get rid of in the mix or the middle of a wall.
>
> Follow progress on the new project at http://www.papercretebyjudith.com/blog
>
> More papercrete info at http://squidoo.com/papercretebyjudith
>
>
>
>
> _________________________________________________________________
> Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
> http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/