Sunday, May 23, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Bob's blocks and rocks



20 TON SHOP PRESS

The above press is what I used to make my first three blocks, (actually the first one was a log like thing) the first block using my homemade form was 16" long 12" wide and 9" tall, this pressed down to 7" tall, using a mixture of 6 parts paper pulp, three parts sand and 1 parts portland cement, this block weight when dry 63 lbs way to heavy to be useful, the next one I cut the formula in half and it weight half that much and was still too heavy to use. Never tried it with out sand. Then I discovered the T Lox Blox system and now I am using a combination of that and slip forming and will never make block again unless someone wants to buy them for their own use, then I might reconsider.

BTB


--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "Anthony" <shadowweaver2010@...> wrote:
>
>
> Bob, I was looking through your pics, some great stuff there, I did notice where you said that you had attempted pressing the blocks. My question is what kind of form did you use or did you build a special apperatus to press them with?
> --- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "countryatheartok" criswells.ok@ wrote:
> >
> >
> > I have just finished posting some updates to my slip form wall and also
> > some new ideas for making stones, one uses Papercrete to make a master
> > mold, the other uses wet sand to make a mold, the sand idea is new to me
> > and the papercrete mold is modifyed from last year.
> >
> > BTB
> >
>



__._,_.___


Your email settings: Individual Email|Traditional
Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required)
Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to Fully Featured
Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

__,_._,___