Monday, May 17, 2010

[papercreters] Re: Hi all, New here, Question is there any papercreter's on the East Coast

Hi again, I noticed that no one had any ideas with the lack of replies. I'm not a lurker looking to pose any problems just serious inquiries to the project I am working on. I guess I should have introduced myself better and for that I apologize. My name is Anthony and I live in North Carolina in the foothills approx. 60 miles east of Asheville. The temperate climate here is very humid in the summer time.
I am currently extending onto the old shed my grandfather left me when he died. So far I have two footer walls poured and I have noticed with each pour that it takes quite a bit of time for the walls to dry.
I talked to Judith Williams recently and she gave me some advice of which I am following at the moment.
However I am always willing to learn and I have been reading everyones posts and looking at pictures. Unfortunately, it leaves me with more questions than answers.
I know everyone has thier own recipies. I guess what I am looking for is different ideas that may help me with my project. I do not have the resources to make a tow behind mixer and currently I am working out of 5 gallon buckets.
At first I was using a normal kitchen blender to pulp my paper but it was taking a long time to do and I had to drain off a lot of excess water. Now I am using a home made mixer that attaches to a drill that allows me to pulp 5 gallons at a time.
Any additional help on the drying time issue would be greatly appreciated.
My current mix is
1-5gal bucket of paper mush
1 shovel full of portland cement
3 shovels full of sand

the shovel is a standard spade shape shovel.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Sincerely, Tony H. AKA Anthony
--- In papercreters@yahoogroups.com, "shadowweaver2010" <shadowweaver2010@...> wrote:
>
> I have noticed that most of the posts and such are from either the midwest or southwest. Are there any papercreters on the east coast that deal with the extended drying time and what solutions have you come up with to speed that up?
>


------------------------------------

Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/papercreters/join
(Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
papercreters-digest@yahoogroups.com
papercreters-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
papercreters-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/